Thiruvananthapuram, the capital of Kerala, is a beautiful city with a rich history and culture. It is also home to some of the most beautiful tourist spots in India. Here are 12 tourist spots in Thiruvananthapuram that you must visit:
- Padmanabhaswamy Temple: This is one of the most famous Hindu temples in India, and is dedicated to Lord Vishnu. The temple is a UNESCO World Heritage Site, and is known for its intricate architecture and gold-plated gopurams (gateway towers).
- Kovalam Beach: This is a popular beach resort town, and is known for its beautiful beaches, backwaters, and palm trees. Kovalam is a great place to relax and enjoy the natural beauty of Kerala.
- Poovar Island: This is a small island located off the coast of Thiruvananthapuram, and is known for its beautiful beaches, backwaters, and lagoons. Poovar is a great place to go for a swim, go kayaking, or just relax and enjoy the peace and quiet.
- Kanakakkunnu Palace: This is a beautiful palace located in the heart of Thiruvananthapuram, and is the official residence of the Governor of Kerala. The palace is a great place to visit to learn about the history and culture of Kerala.
- Neyyar Dam: This is a dam located in the Neyyar Wildlife Sanctuary, and is a popular spot for tourists who want to go for a hike, go boating, or go fishing. The dam is also home to a variety of animals, including elephants, tigers, and deers.
- Agastyakoodam: This is a mountain located in the Agasthyakoodam Hills, and is the highest peak in Kerala. The mountain is a popular spot for trekking, and offers stunning views of the surrounding countryside.
- Vellayani Lake: This is a beautiful lake located in the heart of Thiruvananthapuram, and is a popular spot for boating, fishing, and bird watching. The lake is also home to a variety of plants and animals, including lotus flowers and turtles.
- Mahatma Gandhi Museum: This museum is dedicated to the life and work of Mahatma Gandhi, the father of India. The museum is located in the heart of Thiruvananthapuram, and houses a variety of exhibits, including Gandhi’s personal belongings, photographs, and documents.
- Sri Chitra Art Gallery: This is a museum of modern and contemporary art, and is located in the heart of Thiruvananthapuram. The museum houses a collection of over 2,000 works of art, including paintings, sculptures, and photographs.
- Museum of Kerala History and Culture: This museum is dedicated to the history and culture of Kerala, and is located in the heart of Thiruvananthapuram. The museum houses a collection of over 10,000 artifacts, including sculptures, paintings, and coins.
- Attukal Bhagavathi Temple: This is a famous Hindu temple dedicated to the goddess Bhagavathi. The temple is located in Attukal, a suburb of Thiruvananthapuram, and is one of the most popular temples in Kerala.
- Kappad Beach: This is a beautiful beach located in the Alappuzha district, about 60 kilometers from Thiruvananthapuram. The beach is known for its beautiful sunsets and its laid-back atmosphere.
These are just a few of the many tourist spots in Thiruvananthapuram. With its beautiful beaches, backwaters, mountains, temples, and museums, Thiruvananthapuram is a great place to visit for a relaxing and enjoyable vacation.